Sunday, March 2, 2008

Brain Wave!

Okay! I just has a brilliant idea! Or then maybe its the caffiene and the lack of sleep talking. After all, it's after 9 at night when I write this while gulping down cup of coffee number 3. I'm at that warm and fuzzy place where every idea seems like the one that shall change the world

Wait first! Kai! LOL! I need to go and sleep - abeg, follow me re-read that first sentence. Did I actually say that I 'just has' a brilliant idea? See how I am embarrasing myself on the WORLD wide web?

Anyway, back to the idea - which I realize that I fully can't tell you about - oh, and yeah, here I must pause to tell you that if movies and listening to someone babble about screenwriting and story theory is not your cup of tea (forget tea, coffee - mmmm, cooooffffffeeeeeeeeee.......) then please skip this post

There's this script I've been pulling out of the back of my mind, dusting off, polishing and then pushing back there for a few months now. It's called 'Walking Into Walls' and I JUST realized what the heart of the story is!

I had been battling with it - it has a GREAT opening, an AMAZING end, but it just lacked a little, okay, a LOT of something. It had no heart. The story/script I had forced you brain to nod in agreement but left you largely unmoved - until now

I am excitedly scribbling away on Final Draft as I bounce back and forth between computers - light at the end of the tunnel. I just might have another great movie to try and get made for 2008! Who know? As long as I leave it in God's hands, He gives me the ideas, He'll show me what to do with them...

But the main reason that the script keeps getting pushed into the back of my head is that it's a romantic dramedy - leaning more towards being a romantic comedy. And the thing is following 'Letters to a Stranger' I really didn't want to do another romantic drama or comedy and get pigeon holed - but now, I really don't care - for now

Should I really care either way? Is there the danger of being pigeonholed? Or am I just being paranoid and trying not to admit that it's really because I dont want to be labelled a wuss and have people question my sexual orientation, when I keep making all these sappy love something something films?

Drop me a line and let me know - thanks!


Victor Sanchez Aghahowa

7 comments:

wellsbaba said...

wait.....are u d sanchez i think u are,sanchez?sanchez d "pick it up"? lemme knw....apart frm d "i jst has" gramatical error u brilliantly made ther is dis "you" dat shud hav bin "your" on the 3rd line of d 5th paragraph of ur blog........anywais,im feelin u mehn!!!

wellsbaba said...

thanx man,i appreciate....wud definitely stay tuned!

Ineffable said...

.hey, well done....now ther'll b traffic is sum parts of blogville...well put together...u deserve everything those crazy folks u call co workers put on you especially for mentioning ma name in broad daylight!

exschoolnerd said...

@wellsbaba...teasher!!! na wa 4 u sha...shey na 2 come dey analyse im english u dey do..

njoying ur blog o!

Hollywood Mama said...

Good Blog...but my advise... slow down a little dont over publicize ur self

An-Igbo-Dude said...

"no be sanchez wey grow for bini be dis?"

love ur song. it was my ringing tone for awhile. nice blog though

as for ur script, write what u are inspired to...wuss or no wuss

Anonymous said...

Vic Manchez, peeped the IM and had to look see, (Irish Accent)very niiice. Dude, when u told me Apprentice Africa, it didnt exactly catch in my mind(musta been hungrier than I thought). Havent seen it tho, what's it showin on? If u still shootin, does that mean its a live show? Anywho, tha O2's tuned in, and about the scripts, I got an idea for a Tarantino type-abstract conversation filled-random information spilling-...-u get the idea right, thing. Still tryin to flesh it, whateva.
This is good dawg, stay up..

p.s:What's with the dude checkin the grammar? Yeesh! Get two lives, one to whine with. Its Typos dawg, where's tha love? Damn!