Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Revenge Of The Tagged!

Okay, okay - I'll be the first to admit it. I took my sweet sweet time to get round to this. So I was tagged and now I drag myself to the hallowed blog spot and send out my dirty laundry into the cybervoid

The rules? I mention 6 quirks about yours truly and then tag 6 others. Okay here goes nothing -

THE QUIRKS

1. I really really really (have I mentioned really?) HATE absolutely EVERYTHING about great movies. I mean, I go see a great movie (Iron Man, Indy 4 and Saw come to mind) and I'm sitting there and the popcorn is slowly starting to taste like perfectly puffed kernels of horseshit and the drink might as well be fermented ogogoro with a dash of vodka and a twist. Great movies momentarily entertain me but ultimately depress me. Why? 'Cos I should have made them - oh, well they're already made. I should be making mine!!! - this leads to --

2. I push myself REALLY hard. I am my own worst critic. So much so that playa hating sort of bounces off me. You can't diss me as much as I do to myself so give it a rest. I expect so much from myself. Push myself towards such ridiculous standards that sometimes I fall into these deep dark dank depths of depression (how's that for alliteration folks?). In summary, I expect more from me than from anyone else

3. I have often been accused of throwing large words around. See number 2 above for the quote below;

'deep dark dank depths of depression (how's that for alliteration folks?). '

Now, to me I don't see the big grammer there, but someone looked over my shoulder as I was typing this and said - and I quote verbatim "Guy which way? Na dictionary you dey write?"

Go figure? It's enough to make a garrulous intro/extrovert like me take a vow of -, vow of -, wait let me check a dictionary for a big enough word to fit in there

4. I am an incurable romantic. Through and through. Sure I've become a bit jaded, a bit cynical. But I am still a romantic. I have no idea why. Must be in my DNA somewhere, but I think any woman who makes your heart skip a beat is worth making a fool of ones self over. Okay, before you start getting ready to barf and expect me to change my color scheme here to pink with kittens, ribbons and hearts, there's -

5. I am a polygamist at heart. Contradictory right? Look at it this way, Fundamentally? I really marvel at the general consensus that one man = one woman. I think it's hard wired into the male DNA to have multiple sexual partners. Here's where I differ from the whole 'men are meant to shag as many as they may' argument. I just believe that when I find that woman I am totally willing to walk on water for? Then by all means I shall forsake all others. But until then? I see no reason why any man should lie about having multiple partners

But where I really draw the ire of a lot of people. I have found no reason why there is something wrong with one man or one woman having feelings for more than one person at a time. I believe it is possible to love more than one person at a time

That being said, the funny part? I don't have multiple partners, and I am not in love with one not to talk of two people, so what the hell am I talking about?

6. I love a good myth-arc or story line/arc/world of mythological depth and proportion. In other words, I am a geeky nerd who just loves it when someone creates another dimension of such superficially ridiculous mettle, but such rich metaphorical depth that we find ourselves inexplicably drawn to the need to live there. Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, Naruto, Bleach, Neon Genesis Evangelion, 24, Lost - these stories that go beyond...I have no word for it. These words fail me as to how to describe what I feel about the ability to create another world so attractive that millions the world over chose to live in it...it's been my dream since I was a mere baby...it's the only reason I get out of bed

So there's my 6. Maybe they're not personal enough, but they're quirks to me. As to who I'll tag? Watch this space...

Victor Sanchez Aghahowa

3 comments:

O'Dee said...

Wr have u been?

How can u hate a great movie. I lvvvvvvv them. As a matter of fact I search n pray 4 them.

Habeeb said...

Nice!

Ineffable said...

at last, we the taggers can release the tagee...oga your grammer too much, abi you want to restrict your blog to the "peeps with immense knowledge and mastery of the english language" sure some peeps read it and i dey see them just dey nod dey go, you can see as the last comment just said nice? just nice? wetin you yarn sef? just being nutty..queer quirks