Friday, May 9, 2008

How I Met My Future

Okay, call me what you will - but here I'm giving a lung wracking shout out to the last truly great traditional 3 Camera, laugh track having sitcom left on the planet

How many of you have laid eyes on the truly awesome glory that is the show "How I met your mother'? You havent? TRAVESTY!!!! The DVD's are out there - run don't walk -

"You call that a - at best that's a trot - do you hear me soldier? RUN!!!"

- and get the first two seasons. You won't regret it. If you do, send them back to me, I'll buy them off your hands at double the market price

Back to the other main issue - WHATS UP PEOPLE? Been gone for a minute - sorry, having ANOTHER mid life crises (at 26, WOW!) and been immersing myself in work to get out of it

But more importantly have been watching and rewatching Craig Thomas' and Carter Bays' immortal gift to the world. The sitcom 'How I met your mother'. Okay enough with the shameless plugging - maybe I need to explain

I started out writing and directing comedy on stage, all of it being a stepping stone in my mind for what I really wanted to do. But at the same time never dared to openely voice - create, write and direct my own sitcom

A few years in Nollywood quickly jaded me and I gave up the dream for lost - until recently. The upgrades and the advances in the game have suddenly made quite a few things possible

And then - I decided. What the hell? And I wrote a sitcom pilot a few weeks ago - trust me, it was crappy and far from pretty. But then it was a pilot, it was a sitcom and it was mine. Then I decided to do a little research and all the glowing praise on the NEt for HIMYM pushed me to get the DVD

The rest as they say is history. I'm following my oldest dream

In the weeks to come, I am going to be writing the first season of my sitcom. Wish me luck. Who knows I might even post the pilot script up here for your critique

But I havent been this excited in a long time. It feels like I am starting all over again. This is a stretch. Selling a asitcom in Nigeria? Punchlines, a laugh track that wont sound stupid? A studio shoot? unknown actors?a three camera setup?

It's a long shot? A stretch. A Hail Mary play.

Great. Just as I like it...

I'm dreaming again...


Victor Sanchez Aghahowa

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Why does your name sound very very familiar to me huh?